View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannimac View Post
3 months ago I hit my head so hard that I fractured my frontal sinus bone. This resulted in a concussion and I was feeling symptoms of PCS (light headed, nausea) for about 2 months, then I started feeling pretty much normal. I started feeling slight symptoms such as light-headedness and nausea again a few days ago. This started the same day I began weight training again. 2 weeks after the concussion I tried to lift weights for a few days and this made my symptoms worse, so I stopped. Although this could be a coincidence, I think there is a correlation, since no other factors such as diet or stress have changed. Why would weight lifting cause my symptoms to come back? How long should I wait to start weight training again after I feel symptom free? Can I do light cardio exercise? Any diet recommendations?

Just to let you know, I have had 2 CAT scans and seen a neurosurgeon. The doctors did not find anything wrong on the cat scan (with the exception of the fracture)
PCS IS VERY OBJECTIVE.In reading and thru personal experience, the symptoms can run the gamit.Do you know what the symptoms are? Until I saw the symptoms in print, I thought I was going crazy. Anyway... relapses do happen. As the RN explained about the blood pressure. My relapse was from a sinus infection, which landed me in the ER and an admission for overnight.That was 12/27 and I am still out of work. I went 10 1/2 mo. without major symptoms. I would have slight dizziness,nauseau and processing problems on a regular basis, but to a minor degree.
From the docs I've seen,they encourage getting back to your normal life asap, but as you've found out that is hard to do. It's a true balancing act.
phungirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote