Thread: new diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sara, how do you know so much about lyme's and could you give me a resource? I have had many exposures and live in Central Wisconsin. I have had many deer ticks on me this last summer. I was tested for Lyme's and told I was negative. I also had a pericardial effusion this last summer that no one could explain (fluild around the heart) I wonder if the TN and the effusion are somehow related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahO View Post
Welcome*)!*)!

Just a caution- Make sure you were given a Western Blot for Lyme disease because it can cause TN and be reversible/treatable. Make sure you have the bands from the test not just a CDC positive or negative because some bands are species specific (like 39 kda), thus just one band can mean a true positive even if surveillance criteria (CDC positive crtieria is not designed for diagnosis but for surveillance & reporting purposes, for example average man has 6 bands, average woman has 4, CDC positive is 5! but if you have 39 kda ALONE it is Lyme.) Anyway, Lyme can also be seronegative because there are so many strains- like Borrelia Bissetti is in CHICAGO & the MidWest & will make you test negative- and the Kettle Forest strain is in Wisconsin & will test negative because the standard test strain is Shelter Island New York!

ANYWAY, WELCOME*)!*)!
WELCOME WELCOME*)!
Best wishes,
Sarah
lisa ann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote