View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hiya BRQQK, am always happy to help anyway I can!!
I always do wonder if my symptoms would be worse if I hadn't had the thymectomy!?
I started off on high doses of pred(60mg daily) and mestinon 60mg 4xdaily and timespan at night, and azathioprine, I have since been changed to cellcept(am just starting my
4th month)am down to 17.5mg pred alternate days and on 2 60mg mestinon daily.
I have had several IVIG, no plasmaphereses, the last ivig helped me alot, gave me a huge boost, wish I could have it whenever I think I need it not when the neuro thinks it will help.

When I look back on how bad I was, I'm so much better now. Before I was diagnosed I had weeks of constant double vision, could hardly get out of bed.
I use to get home from work and have a glass of milk for dinner(didn't have the energy or muscle function to prepare a real dinner, wouldn't have been able to eat it either, as I had trouble chewing and swallowing) and go to bed at 6.30pm and sleep til 10 the next day!! Its nice to look back and see I was much worse then.

I still struggle now, dont have a job at the moment, and some days like today(I had a migrane last night) I find it hard to type, and am tired, and wont drive, as its to hard.
I saw my neuro last friday, he said he hopes oneday I will be off my prednisolone and mestinon!! I can only hope.
Hope I havn't woffled on to much, feel free to ask any questions if I havn't answered something.
redtail
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote