View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 07:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm here...mostly staying quiet and reading all of your wonderful posts.

Valerie, I, too, suffered numerous miscarriages. Fortunately (?), most of mine were in the first 2 or 3 weeks. I was not producing enough progesterone to maintain the pregnancies. I took suppositories and shots of progesterone and managed to complete 3 pregnancies. Now, knowing that I have a problem with gluten, it makes sense. Harry Delcher, my doc in Atlanta, said that all of your hormones get whacked out when you are gluten intolerant. It still wasn't easy and you have my utmost sympathy. I am now entering what I suspect is early menopause at 43. My estrogen levels are very low.

We are still on the journey to healing my son's brain. He is still struggling at school, which is frustrating as he is a bright boy. He just doesn't care enough to apply himself. When he does do his work, it is "A" quality. It's really taking a toll on our relationship. I would consider homeschooling him, but right now, our relationship is so explosive that I don't think it is a good idea. Physically, he's maintaining, but not really putting on weight. I ask him all the time if he is cheating on the diet and he reassures me he isn't, but his tummy seems too upset to believe him. I can't seem to get thru to him that he has to take some responsibility for his health. I am meeting with the school in 2 weeks to hammer out a SST plan that will probably end up going on into an IEP.

On a positive note, the girls (13 and 8) are thriving! My 13 yo, who was always on the low side in the growth charts, is now just about looking me in the eye after an ENORMOUS growth spurt. (I am 5'9" and hubby is 6'2". ) She aches at times from growing so fast. My 8 yo is also sprouting like a weed.

I am feeling much better as well and think I may be on to fixing my aching joints and bones. I started giving one of my horses MSM and saw such a dramatic improvement that I also started taking it along with a B complex and add'l magnesium. It seems that it is beginning to help even after just a week. My energy levels seem to be improving as well, so I am on a throwing out spree...very liberating!

Allison
Canton, Ga.
AllisonJ_98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote