View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 05:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My apologies in advance, this forum throws me a little with the format. I am not used to having the question in my feedback area, so I hope I am not making a mess.

I have severe, life threatening Central/Complex sleep Apnea, Mixed Sleep Apnea, Cheyne-Stokes Respiration, PVCs and halitosis.

I sleep with the Respironics BiPap Auto SV machine. It is great. Keeps me alive. Right now, it is 2:20am and I am awake. Restless Legs Syndrome. So frustrating. I took oxycodone, that is what they told me to take for it. And I use Neurontin daily. I am a mess (that is what my latest doctor said...I laughed and told him "Thanks, I love you too" and he cracked up laughing.

But he is right. I am on Morphine for pain, and the darned RLS just came back. I am soooooooooooooooooooo frustrated.

I use a smart card with my SV and it is amazing to see how well this machine works to keep me alive. My most serious illness is a brain malfunction. If I quit breathing I will probably die. My system does not recognize that I have quit breathing. Long story, but I went back to the National Jewish Hospital in Denver, CO last summer. My week of testing lasted almost 6 weeks. I learned more about my Respiratory system than I wanted to know.

I used the Respironics BiPap Auto before the SV. It is so new, none of the DMEs in our area know how to set it up and put the settings in it. I am on the CPAPtalk forum. My memory is shot. I hope that is the name of it. Only two people in the world are on that forum, I thought maybe someone here is one it. Guess I will start a thread too see.

Good luck with your Centrals ---- my SV handles them fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
I also have central sleep apnea along with the obstructive type. I have a brain malformation called "Arnold Chiari Type 2" and have had surgery to help correct some of the problems that the ACM has created. They believe that my central apnea is related to that issue.

I though, LOVE my bi-pap machine. I have had it for about a year and 1/2 and use the nasel pillow mask. It did take me awhile to get used to it but I sleep much better than I ever have.

I live in the NE and my nueroligist handles my sleep issue along with the ACM.
dllfo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote