View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Brian:

You're looking at it from a MAN's perspective.

Let me tell you, jealousy destroys friendships, well, it affects all people concerned.

I'll give you an example.

Twenty five or so years ago, I had a job at a secretary in a non-profit agency in NYC. I got along with EVERYBODY. That's my personality. We were a whole bunch of secretaries. This was before anyone had a computer on their desk.

Guess who was the first one to be chosen to go to IBM school and learn about computers? Me. Guess who was the first secretary to get the computer (desktop), and the first Dot Matrix Printer, at their desk? ME!!

Guess who everybody stopped talking to (and I mean every secretary in the place), for two years???? ME!!!

Not until all the other secretaries got a computer on their desk and then guess who they called to find out "how do I use this new contraption, what does the F10 key do, how do I do word wrap at the end of the paragraph". Who did they call?? (Well not GHOSTBUSTERS, I can tell you that).

Everybody started to speak to me. They didn't know how to do anything and I had gone to IBM school 3 days a week in the morning, and then came to work in the afternoon.

I never understood how some people can just give you the cold shoulder because you were chosen to do a project. I would never do that to anyone.

By the way, it was only the women who did this. The other employees in the company (the men), never dissed me, never ignored me.

The women did.

I guess it's a gender thing.

I think it's just plain dumb but then that's just my opinion.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote