View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks Shirley:

I actually thought it was all in my head. We have a mutual friend who lives around the other corner. She is our age. She just lost 85 lbs over the past year because she had a heart scare and her doctor said "lose weight'. So she did.

When I happened to mention to my (let's call her the Jealous one), I said' Did you see , so and so"? She lost 85 lbs, my god, she looks great".

Her comment?? "Oh really", then she changed the subject.

I found that rather strange, but now that I look at it, it's not so strange.

I had my best friend of 46 years stab me in the back. I was godmother to her kid and she was the same to mine. We never had a disagreement since we met in high school at the age of 13. We were always chubby.

Well, over the years, I lost and gained, (she did the same) but ultimately she gained a lot, her daughter is over 500, and the sons are all over 250 so there's a gene thing going on as well as bad eating.

Well, two years ago, (after I had completely changed my appearance), she once made a comment "my god, look at you, holy cow, I can't even look at you, you make me so jealous'. We both laughed. (Why the hell didn't I see THAT coming??"

So she betrayed me and hasn't called me in 2 years.

Alan says: "They're jealous of you, you look good". I said to Alan: "are you out of your mind. I'm 60 years old, what the heck is there to be jealous of, I mean, when your 13, then you can be jealous, (you remember way back then, that if you had a friend and she made another friend, you would say "well you can't be friends with her, if you're friends with me". That's a kid mentality. I never did that by the way. Made no sense to me.

If I made a friend, than I shared that friend with all my friends. Who the heck says 'you can't have two friends at the same time"?? It's an immature mentality that does this.

Well, I must be around a lot of immature mentalities I would venture to guess.

I have no time, nor do I have the inclination to phone up people, and then say "did I do something to offend you, to make you mad"??? when I know full well, that I didn't do a darn thing.

I even asked Alan last night. "Do you think I did anything to her, that she doesn't want to go shopping with me". and Alan said "are you for real, she's jealous, can't you see that".???

Hit me with a wet noodle. What the heck is going on?, Do I only have to make friends with 75 year olds (like my lady friend around the corner with the sick doggee?"

Good grief.

I have to make new friends. At 60 no less!!!!

Oh brother.

Thanks for all the support. It was needed, believe me.

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote