View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 02:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My daughter had 2 concussions occur a month apart ( no fault of her own)
just bad luck and ice. She has been suffering with her symptoms for 2 1/2 years. The vision problems are finally starting to go away. She not only had blurred/ double vision. She also had vision that was pink. Her head pain and dizzyness was extreme. Doctors/Neurologists/CT's/MRI's didn't show or help.
After extensive searching on the internet we hit on help. If you search for
" Balance Exercises" you will find some useful ones. They are usually used for people who have had strokes. But we thought that there was nothing to lose so decided to try. She has only been doing them for two weeks now. And already we see improvements. Her vision is almost normal. She can read for extended periods of time without the blurriness, and getting dizzy from it.
So it might be worth it to try some of these. Basically the drs. had told her that there wasn't much they could do for her and that she'd have to learn to live with it. She's only 23 years old, and has been home sitting in a chair for over two years while they just gave her meds. I wish that I had known that there was rehab type things that we could be doing from home to help her.
Good luck. I hope this helps and that you are well again soon.
Mum 23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote