View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb you know...

I started with my doctor many many years ago. Almost 40 yrs.

Back then my cholesterol was 220. She said then normal is 220+your age in years. That was the current standard. So for a long time it was LESS than normal.

My cholesterol is about 220 now (sometimes 250-- it vacillates).. but the drug companies have convinced doctors now that this is "abnormal" and requires a heavy duty drug. I look at it this way: I am still here at 61, still relatively healthy except for my arthritis issues and a little PN. My thyroid is semi retired, my ovaries ARE retired, I have great immune status, and don't get sick much, and still am mentally sharp. I love my quality of life, now, and don't want a boatload of side effects, etc.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote