View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

A few thoughts also because I have lost many of my friends who are still deep in their eating disorder and I am not. One I feel it makes them nervous because they feel threatened like they will have to change or I will look down on them. Which I don't because it is a battle. Also when people fear having to change they get mean or distance themselves to protect there sickness.In the past I have had a lot of 1 sided friendships where I have been there for them and them not for me. It has brought my self esteem down and I won't do it anymore. I know at times one friend needs more support then another but a friendship can not be 1 sided because that is a therapist.
Melody as for your son I am sorry. You seem like such a sweet women and it is hard to watch your child destruct. I know from my past and the strain it put on my mom and also the other side since I am recovered from an ed and my mom suffers. You never know one day you may be able to have a better relationship. My mom and I has really grown to a healthier one because of boundaries.
As for weather my issue flare for sure in the cold. Even at a cold docs apt my feet feel like a block of ice and send the pain up.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote