Thread: Back on Meds
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hiya,

really sorry to hear you are back on the meds, that's a bit gutting. However, I have been on and off meds for a while now - so it is worth trying off them again once the pain has settled down. Sometimes it might be that a low dose is what is needed. I found that after my 1st MVD I was pain-free but after 2 weeks of being completely off the meds I got the tn pain back big time. I often wonder what would have happened if I had just stayed on a really low dose!

I can't say that either of my MVD's turned out well, so maybe 3rd time lucky for me - teflon removal slightly different however. But don't give up hope, and they are getting some good results with the new pulsed radio-frequency leisioning now, might be worth a thought for you at some point?

The nerve does take some time to heal, and there are suggestions (not proved) that some cross-fibre mylination can take place - so I don't know if time would heal that - I worry that that is what is wrong with my nerve root.

B6 is good, as is L-Lysine, which you should be able to get from health food stores, or body building stores! It is/should always be given to someone who has shingles as it can reduce the likelihood of post herpatic pain. I have to say that I have been on it for over 2 years with no dramatic improvement, but maybe I'd be worse off without it!!! It's certainally worth a shot.

Big hugs

Niki xxx

plus - you might want to consider some form of bodywork, Bowen, Reiki, quantum Touch or crainial-sacral work as this will help to re-balance your skull after the drilling! It always helps me, and can reduce an attack. Reiki is a great painkiller for me - wonderful stuff! All these mentioned are very GENTLE forms of bodywork/energy work and will not involve any crunching etc! Be wary of anyone who can "cure" you, that's not what it's about (it MIGHT happen, all things are possible on this earth, but no-one should tell you that they categorically can!)

Last edited by Fizzbw; 10-03-2006 at 08:03 AM. Reason: addendum
Fizzbw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote