View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 08:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You are so right Cyclelops--PN is in other parts of the body and even if you have a clue, the doc doesn't. I know it's in other parts of my body and they don't believe me. I know it's in, how do I say this--everywhere. I can lay a heating pad on my tummy, and not feel the heat. I get a UTI and I do not feel the pain until it's really bad, the neuropathy masks it so well. Still, the doctors will say, "Why did you wait so long to come in?" I know it's there, but convincing them is another story! I guess it's the small fiber neuropathy--who knows?

My last visit to the neuro, he shoved his fingers into the nerves in my shoulders and says, "Your shoulders are not in good shape!" Well, they have been on fire since that day, especially the right one (last Friday)! Next visit, in April, I may take a ball bat with me. Why would a doctor, who is suppose to know all about nerves, press so hard on a nerve, that he injures it? The nerve is all bunched up now and I have so much pain, laying on a heating pad every night--I am so angry with him!

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote