View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Everyone!!!

I just started Lyrica recently and I look like the Michelin Man. Or better yet, Sta-Puff-Marshmellow guy from the movie. You know how they talk about the possibility of swelling in your feet, hands, mouth, etc and weight gain? Well I am a magnet for it. Cause I have swollen up huge! It doesn't hurt but it makes alot of folks stare. Oh well.

I like it though. It helps me sleep through the night for a change, but the down side is, I also sleep through the day.

It is not so bad that I am willing to go off of it. I think all of this is just temporary until it gets into my system. My doctor is monitoring me very closely and she wanted to take me off of it right than and there but I wouldn't let her. I said "lets wait a bit and see what happens". Finally a drug I like and I have to put up with crappy side effects like this. I gues we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Hey. I am so glad to be back after being gone for so long and I hope to visit you all more often.

Take care and Chin Up! Mark