View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

apologies for not getting back to this thread sooner, but as you know I am still in moving mode, although things are beginning to slow down. My daughter is wonderful and supportive and in many ways we have switched roles (I told her once as a teenager I thought we came to earth in the wrong order, but that's another story.) I love my new home and I'm hoping that this is not just a "honeymoon" phase I'm in. I still feel like a visitor -this is way out in the suburbs, and it flashes through my mind occasionally that it's time to "go home"...then I remember I am home! Such a strange experience. I often think of a dear friends mother who had PD and was not happy in any of the care facilities she ended up residing in. Her daughter moved her at least 4 times. That MUST have contributed to her deterioration!
Evon: If you think you need to move, do it now rather than later. The longer you put it off the harder it will be. Gaykir is right...plan ahead and tackle the job slowly. But also think hard about what your doing BEFORE you do it. I know this was the right decision for me, and I had 100% support from my kids. They are all much happier knowing I am under a roof where someone can keep an eye on me. Now I must learn the fine art of being a gracious mother-in-law and other yet unknown skills. Yes Burkle, I too have a laundry room (well, more of a laundry closet). It must come with the territory. Soon I will have to venture out and find out where all the stores are, the bank, and whatever else I need. Maybe I should view this as a Loooong term holiday? Adjustment, adjustment, adjustment...life is one constant adjustment. Too bad we don't get better at it. (This is a 5 eek post!)