View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 08:50 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Exercises for the "BRAIN" - very important!

http://www.thatsfit.com/2006/09/27/e...your-brain-fit

Research says that exercising your brain can prevent Alzheimer's and just plain adds to overall fitness. So why not try these five easy brain exercises to keep your memory sharp, add new things to your brain's repertoire, play mind games and add a little humor to your life. Your brain will thank you for it.

The fun part about these brain exercises is that they are well rounded. Some are simple, like recalling conversations to help your memory skills. I love the idea about adding new activities to your life. This interested me, not just because it exercises my brain, but because it keeps everything about life fresh and fun. Some suggestions are moving furniture around and talking to someone new that you tend to see in your daily life (like a librarian). Along those lines of just spicing up your life are things like taking a dance class or reading a book in a different genre than you would normally read.

Still not convinced that exercising your brain can be fun? The experts say that games like Hangman and listening to comedians help with alertness. So exercising your brain doesn't have to be a MENSA meeting. Just challenge yourself with new and different things that add excitement to your life and you'll keep your brain fresh for years to come.
Read Permalink Email this

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote