View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm just checking in. It is so nice to hear from everyone. Val - Sorry about your loss. I know how you feel as I have had 2 of them myself. Give your kids some extra hugs and you will get through it soon.

Michael is doing extremely well (finally!). His OT and PT have dropped to once every 3 months and he will be getting his wheelchair soon. Hopefully this month. It is only to use for long distances, but it will be nice to have on hand. He is also growing like a weed. He turned 7 on Sunday and is almost up to my shoulders and he no longer requires slim pants!! I am so excited about that. I used to have to find him slims that also had the adjustable waist. Ugghh! It is so nice to see him gain some weight.

My girls are doing well also. Ellie, 4, is still constipated but it is starting to get better. The GF diet is helping. I think it will take her some time to heal up. Kara, 13, will not stay on the GF diet. Everytime she complains about something, I just tell her how much better it would be if she were to stay away from the gluten.

Rachel - it was nice to hear that you and your son are taking Karate. Michael is interested in that and I am currently looking for a place. I never thought about taking it with him though. I wonder if I can even do a kick.

I hope everyone has a great month!

[Celiac Disease]

Kara - Age 13 [ADD, Lactose Intolerance, Mild Hypertension, Fast heart beat] - Currently testing for Celiac
Michael - Age 6 [Gluten Intolerance, Gluten Ataxia, IgA Deficiency, DQ2, Asthma, Mitochondrial Dysfunction, GERD, CAPD]
Ellie - Age 4 - Celiac Disease
lmb3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote