View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My husband was injured on the job over a year ago and still has the same symptoms you have. We've been to numerous doctors and he's had several MRI's, CT Scans and other tests. He's taken meds to try to control the headaches, help him sleep and help with the depression associated with head injuries. Nothing has helped so far. I would suggest you see a Neuropsych doctor. My husband has had two evaluations and they both helped us understand a little more of what we were dealing with. On our last visit to the neuorologist at MUSC in Charleston SC my husband was informed that the symptoms could go on for years. Not what you want to hear but, I think it's better to know the truth. Bottom line is...doctors don't have a magic pill for concussions. Our next course of treatment is nerve block to try to deaden the nerve from neck to head that the doctors believe is causing his headaches.
You will be in our thoughts. Best of luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advice_needed View Post
7 months ago i was assaulted and suffered a concussion and was unconcious for around 4/5minutes. I visited a&e and was let home after being examined by a doctor. I suffered all the common syptoms such as sleepiness, headache, dizziness, vomiting etc and was told that these will clear up in most cases within a few days.
After, 3 weeks had passed, some of my symptoms remained the same and the headaches were worse than they had been at first so i visited my G.P who prescribed me painkillers and amitripylene that would help with sleep in meantime until they started helping with the pain aswell.
Now, 7 months on my headaches are so severe its debilitating me! I'm off work at the moment and have been for almost 2 months. Im never away from the doctors and they keep giving me stronger and stronger doses of all these things and not much is helping. I'm due for a CT scan next week.
The headaches are always there but when the get really bad i'm crying with them, it feels like my head is going to explode as its that tight..its mostly the top of my head that gets the worst.
Has anybody else been in this situation or know anybody who has. What could be wrong with me? Maybe it isn't related to th concussion i don't know.
I'm desperate for help, i'm very frightened now!

Thanks for reading, any comments at all are welcome.
sah7474 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote