View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 07:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up LaneNNaples

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieocc View Post
Hi Everyone
I am new to NeuroTalk. It looks like a great online community.
I have had occipital neuralgia for four years and am on a LONG wait list for radiographic neurectomy at C2-C3. Recently, my pain increased to the point of being unbearable so I have now started on Neurontin. I was on Neurontin years ago but was never able to get beyond 300mg/day due to side effects.
My question is: If I can only tolerate 300mg of neurontin a day will that still help the nerve pain? or do I have to be at 900mg as the docs have suggested.
Is there anyone out there whose occipital neuralgia has been helped with Neurontin?
Also, has anyone else had radiographic neurectomy at C2-C3 for occipital neuralgia---was it helpful? I had two diagnostic anaesthetic injections at the C2-C3 nerve root and it completely alleviated my pain 100% so I am expecting the procedure should be effective.... if I can ever get a time slot to have it done....
Thanks Everyone

Julie
Hi, my name is LaNell. A dystonia patient of Dr. George Paulson of OSU Medical since the past 11 years. After other methods that worked somewhat on my horrible pain, Neurontin was the magic pill. I am 5'8". weight around 122 and have taken 1,500 mg (divided roughly into three dosages) for over 10 years. I am interested if just grogginess was your side affect? I just have a cup of coffe or tea if that it the case. The most horrible thought for me, is not be be able to get my Rx for Neurontin/gabapentin and to revert the the mess I was in before.
Hope you try Neurontin again, and with caffeine if needed
LaneNNaples is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote