View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all for responding. After I posted this, I contaced my assigned nurse at the Accordant Healthcare group. They provide free consultation as part of my health insurance. She said exactly the same thing! It's time for a change of some kind either an increase in what I'm taking, or some other change. The bad part is my neuro is on vacation at this time and I don't want to go to her covering doctor. If I could have seen her on the 10th when my original appointment was scheduled, I probably would've have been fine, but sadly you probably know the kind of luck I have. This is one of the reasons why I don't play the lottery.

This dreadful fatigue has now affected my school work as well. Sadly I've missed 3 days this past week, and being a 5-week course I'll never catch up. I'll pass anyway because this IS the last week, but it wrecks my grade. I had maintained an 98 average in this class so far.

Annelise, I understand exactly what you're saying. The sleep really does feel wonderful when I can do it. Working is tough and unfortunately I can't stop otherwise I'll lose my health coverage. This is a bad thing about America right now. If only they'd fix the health care system! The private insurance companies and drug companies make so much money off of the patients. There are some studies that are saying that the two are working together to get as much money as they can.

Lee,

I do take L-Dopa. Sinemet 25/100 6 1-1/2 times per day plus 3 100mg Amantadine 3x per day, and 6000mg of B-12. Every time I pop a sinemet, I pop a B-12. Also now 1 Citalopram 10mg (Celexa), which has helped the depression quite a bit, but not the poor piano playing and fatigue.

OL'CS,

I've been looking into DBS, but I'm not ready for it I don't think right now. I don't have a tremor all the time. It's just happening more often now. I noticed too that my right leg gets tremulous now too after I've been doing a lot of walking. So far I've been keeping a list again for when I see my doctor in February. This will help me remember what to tell her when I see her.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote