View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 12:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahO View Post
Dear Greta,

You may not know this, but it is very common for whole or partial families to come down with Lyme disease
Sarah
Hi Sarah -
Wow! that was a lot of info, thanks for putting it all together for me! Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure that I can't blame this on lyme. My mom was dx'd 36 years ago, long before the advent of lyme disease. She had lesions and a positive LP. She definitely has MS.

I actually grew up in CT (birthplace of Lyme disease!). Had it at age 18. Was treated with abx within 3 weeks of the bite and had a full recovery. At 31 I had a positive MRI and a positive LP with plenty of O-bands to indicate demylination.

My brother may have had lyme disease as well. I'm not sure. He also showed lesions and had a positive LP.

The fact that we have 3 positive LPs as well as lesions leads me to believe that this is not a lyme disease issue.

Luckily for now, my brother and I are both infraclinical/subclinical since we haven't had exacerbations yet. Lucky us that our lesions are all silent, but it doesn't say much for the amount of brain we use
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote