View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
LeAnn did any of your eye doctors tell you also that it is more dangerous to do to people with ms? That the chances of something happening is greater.
Joyce
The MS was never mentioned as the reason. Every single opthamologist stated it was because of my age, the cataracts were stable and if something happened then I could possibly lose my vision. He gave the example of a detached retina which I understand because my grandfather had that happen after his cataract was removed and the doctor would not do the other eye for fear of it happening again - that happened years ago.

The opthamologist I have now really doesn't want to remove them before he really has to. I have found through the years many opthamologist are not in a hurry to remove cataracts and the cataract needs to be "ready" - I believe at full growth.

Joyce, you always have the option of a second opinion.

After a few Drs had told me no I had one tell me no but if I kept looking I could probably find a Dr who would do it. It was that comment and the thought of the quality care I would get if any when I finally found a opthamologist who would remove the cataracts - I quit looking.
Jappy (01-17-2008)