Thread: Eye Problems
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Joyce,

I have a similar but different eye problem. Eventhough I don't have MS I was shot in my right eye back in the '70s with considerable trauma resulting. I didn't have to get glasses until '79. Since then my eyesight has deteriorated.

I went to an Optho back about six months ago due to vision problems and pain in the right eye. He spent about three hours with me doing several different tests and determined I too had a severe cateract in my right eye and a mild one in my left. He couldn't account for the pain.

We discussed removing the cateract from my right eye but is seriously concerned that even with today's technology that removing it with the existing trauma I have in that I could possibly cause blindness. Either way I'm losing the sight in my right eye. He will only remove it as a last resort "if" the outcome outweighs the risk. Catch 22!

I know go to him only, in stead of an optician, for any eye problems and to watch the development of the cateracts.

So, you're NOT alone and I can relate to you situation personally. Best of luck to you and I hope they can treat you with little risk for your better health.

Dx'd 12/00 w/RRMS
Dx'd 05/01 w/SPMS
03/05 Rescinded MS Dx Neuro thinks something else
03/06 New Dx of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (HSP)
Rare deteriorating motor neuron disease. No cure. No Treatments.
Only 20,000 Dx'd patients in US
HSPCraig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote