View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Oh! Cathie! It gets

curiouser and curiouser?
I too, without any hints have looked into gout simply because my autonomic lymph systems are malfunctioning....Nothing in all my blood works come to any clear conculusion in any given directions...
As Daniella, MrsD, and Cycleops have said..we all can be far more sensitive/sensitized to medications than most normal docs will consider or even believe. I too, am going thru testings...and how any treatments for which conditions are to continue will be dependent on recent and future tests. It IS discouraging...But, what are the alternative options? Give up?
We all are on serious medications for all of our variety of medical issues....the medications [upon reading all the warnings and caveats] really scare me. The options are equally devastating for either the short term or long term. Get relief now and function for a while --at a price; or avoid relief and pay a different price all the while. It can become even worse when there is no substantive diagnosis and one must just grin and bear it. As many here have experienced.

Cathie, in my case, the osteo was brought on by the seizure-meds to help the PN pain-first showed up in the teeth, then it was I who suspected bones and sure nuff...but it only got worse once I was on post-cancer estrogen blockers...And I was trying to chomp calcium tabs [thanks to Mrs D and Rose] as much as I could tolerate in the interim...Obviously not enuf...At times? Honestly I do not think it can ever be enough to offset all the meds.
I would call each med manufactuer and ask if there have been reported incidents of accelerated calcium loss....then report it to the mfrs, and also the FDA. WHY? because these things go into different computers that are checked cross/checked and documented. Especially in regards to combinations of meds...That's where I got my own very RUDE wake up calls.
Scares me to the point of chills at times tho.

Rite now tho? I truly wish I could just wave a magic wand over you and POOFF! More calcium, just where needed! We know it simply doesn't work like that tho...So...I'll simply send you heaps of soft gentle and warm hugs-'s OK? - j
Just saw your post about meds...Promise to look up tomorrow morning and see which meds don't play well with other meds Substantial list, by the way! Since I've cut out most of mine, I'm feeling like I should have more to 'do' with the morning routine! You know what I mean?
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Yorkiemom (01-17-2008)