View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 07:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default you-

I really hope that everyone is right and this neurologist is whacky BUT you CAN have findings consistent with ALS on MRI. Those things can also be caused by other things like TBE viruses- tick borne encephalitis viruses.
The herb Ledum Palustre inactivates TBE viruses. Can't hurt- and could help if you were having that sort of process happening. USA neurologists never even think of TBE viruses but they can cause the same things and can be treated.

This is the ALS/Lyme Page
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/lyme...7/ALSLYME.html

MRI can show in ALS: Corticospinal tract hyperintensity.

MRI and SPECT findings in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Journal Neuroradiology
Publisher Springer Berlin / Heidelberg
ISSN 0028-3940 (Print) 1432-1920 (Online)
Issue Volume 34, Number 5 / September, 1992
Category Diagnostic Neuroradiology

Diagnostic Neuroradiology
MRI and SPECT findings in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis

Demonstration of upper motor neurone involvement by clinical neuroimaging

F. Udaka1, H. Sawada1, N. Seriu1, K. Shindou1, N. Nishitani1 and M. Kameyama1

(1) Department of Neurology, Sumitomo Hospital, Osaka, Japan

EXCERPT: MRI was performed in 21 patients and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) withN-isopropyl-p-123I iodoamphetamine in 16 patients, to visualize upper motor neurone lesions in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. T2-weighted MRI revealed high signal along the course of the pyramidal tract in the internal capsule and cerebral peduncle in 4 of 21 patients. SPECT images were normal in 4 patients, but uptake was reduced in the cerebral cortex that includes the motor area in 11.

Key words Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis - Upper motor neurone involvement - Magnetic resonance imaging - Single photon emission computed tomography

http://www.springerlink.com/content/w778u3973563hx22/

It CAN show things consistent with ALS but MOST ALS patients have normal MRIs. But some things on MRI *do* red flag ALS.

If you have ever been bitten by a tick, have ever been in ticky country, you should know that TBE viruses can cause ALS, it has been documented, and
there are TBE viruses in the USA. You can't cure them, but you can potentially INACTIVATE them.

We have had 4 ALS patients come to our local group- 3 are alive.
All had extended treatment for Babesiosis and 2 had longterm IV Rocephin.

I hope you DON'T HAVE ALS, but if you DO end up getting diagnosed ALS, please give TBD treatment a chance because sometimes it works. Like I said, I hope everyone is right and this guy is an idiot, but if he was right and you become symptomatic, don't despair. ALS is NOT a death sentence for sure, some people- I know them- have lived and gone back to normal or closer than they ever thought they would.
Sincerely,
Sarah Olson
Aptos, CA
SarahO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rebekah_wilson5479 (01-18-2008)