View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahO View Post
Greta, if you grew up in CT and HAD Lyme and now have MS I would bet my life you still have Lyme. Seriously.
That's not a bet I want to win!

Quote:
Anyway, I know, sounds like I am a crazy Lymie.
that's ok - you sound like a really nice crazy person

Quote:
"The only differential between Lyme & MS is response to treatment."
This is why I don't really have much doubt Sarah, you see, I responded brilliantly to treatment with interferon. If it were lyme causing lesions and O-bands in my spinal fluid, an interferon would do nothing. I started a DMD almost 5 years ago and since then, there have been no changes to my MRI (except some lesions disappearing), no enhancements, no exacerbations, no symptoms, no nothing. I don't consider it a coincidence that my MRI stopped changing as soon as I started an interferon. Additionally, I changed my diet to one advocated for MS, and I believe that's helped to slow it down as well. In truth, I've never actually had an MS symptom. My lesions are in silent parts of the brain.

When I was treated for Lyme 18 years ago, it was figured out within 3 weeks of getting the bite (yes, I know exactly when and where I picked up a tick even without getting a bullseye). They treated me with abx for 3 weeks and after recovering, I've never had a problem since. I was lucky that it was figured out so quickly and treated.

I would kill to have lyme instead. I would love to take some abx and never have to worry about MS again. Unfortunately, the facts don't support lyme for me. I know you mean well, but some people really do have MS.
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote