View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default feeling more in control

Highhatsize,
Thanks for mentioning in another thread that codeine helps ameliorate a cough. I tried to work out a way to take it today. When I was calm, I ate a turkey sandwich and then took the Tylenol 3. I plan to take it in between the doses of the Tessalon Perles. It seems to be working. The coughing this afternoon/evening is under control.

Donna,
Yes, I was amazed by the Tessalon Perles.
I should send a thank you note to the dr. I'm glad that he was on shift.
I felt that perhaps he wasn't taking me seriously when he first saw me. But as I sat behind that curtain in my little "room" for a few hours, the coughing got worse and I'm sure that the whole place could hear me.

Mymorgy,
I'm still dealing with the emotional fall out from my office mate. But I think (hope) that I am making progress. One of the things I do that is herapeutic is throw out some of his stuff each time I go to the office.
He was a neat freak but apparently had something OCD and had way too much stuff. Last night I threw away a huge brown ugly dusty macrame thing that had been hanging from the ceiling for way more than 10 years. It is especially satisfying becuase he never liked anyone to touch his stuff. Now I throw it away -- and I am getting control of my environment.

Pamster,
My temp was at 102 for much of the day. Now it has fallen below -- so I am hopeful that I can get well. The last time I had a cough like this I had walking pneumonia 12 years ago -- so I was freaked out. Also the cough came on fierce and suddenly -- in less than 24 hours. Weird.

Thanks for helping me.
Mari

PS.
When the doc asked me if I had any medical conditions, I said, "Bipolar."

Then a few moments later he asked if I had any SERIOUS medical conditions. I said that I thought bipolar was pretty serious.. . . not sure he got my joke.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-17-2008)