View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 10:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry I'm so tired of tests & doctors!!

I've been suffering from some mystery illness since August of last year - just 6 months but it seems like forever. I could barely walk for the pain in my feet, legs and arms. It seemed to start out as joint pain so I went to a rheumatologist, but as time went on it was more muscle weakness and cramping in all extremities. They checked for lupus, RA, MS. Went to a Neurologist and she did an EMG & NCS and it was okay. Blood work seems okay. They did another MRI to look at my pituitary - it has a "normal variance" so they ruled out a tumor there. It really doesn't fit fibromyalgia because of the generalized weakness and no pain in the target areas. But my arms are weak to the point of incoordination!!

I am (should say "WAS") an active 46 year old woman who last summer was building a fence and renovating a house. It seemed to have started after we returned from vacation in TX (Canton, Galveston and Corpus Christi).

In 2001 I had a car accident where I broke my neck and crushed my left hand. Had fusions at C6,C7 and T 1 and have been dealing with neuropathy in my back. The neurosurgeon did recent xrays and MRI of my spine and said only slight narrowing and nothing that would cause my symptoms.

My PA said he'd love to send me to "Dr. House" if he weren't a fictional character!!! I'm just frustrated and ready to give up.

He wants to try Lyrica to see if it helps.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!
KarenW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote