View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 01:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I think it is perfectly reasonable

for people to vary in opinion. I think it's perfectly reasonable to offer a different point of view. I am not saying that the book is right against all other opinions as it is a point of view. I may today agree with the book and tomorrow think it's rubbish.

What I have a problem with is personal attacks, belittling,and essentially launching a personal insult against someone.

Who cares if the book may be full of rubbish. It made me feel better reading it so I guess it got it's point across, and since it's a Best Seller.. I reckon I am not the only person it helped. I try to keep an open mind.

If I read such a post and did not agree for whatever reason, I would say to myself "that poor girl wasted good money on a silly book", and I would go on with my life.

Live and let live.
This is only a forum. It is not a court trial nor is it the Bible.

Lastly, the book never claimed that positive thinking will halt organic disease. The book discussed pain & perception of illness. The book also explained that medicine is an ever evolving field of study and the brain still an enigma. There is more we don't know about the power of the brain than what we do. We as humans only use a fraction of the minds capability.

I am not agreeing with everything the book states, but I am agreeing with much of it in my case. My illness never has been just PN. It's aways been PN and fear of PN (anxiety). My perception of the illness has almost handicapped me. I needed to change. I needed to be more positive. I needed to add a bit of joy and laughter back into my life. The book was well worth the $25 I spent on it. If what I wrote can help just one person on this forum, than that is more than enough for me.

And if anyone thinks the book is full of %#@*... that's ok to.

What else can I say except that in this life their is much suffering and pain. If we see a chance to find some peace and happiness,by all means grab it weather it came from a silly book or a song or wherever. Hope... never give up and reach for the stars..........

Akutamata
"No worries"...for the rest of your days.

Last edited by Aussie99; 01-18-2008 at 03:29 AM.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote