View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 01:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ESI Flare

I have had a total of 11 ESI's for the three herniated disc I have in my back L4-5, L5-S1, L3-4, they keep telling me that my MRI dosent look bad at all and that they cannt understand why i am in so much pain the last two ESI's were different than any before going straight to the S1 area and the pics showed great spread of the die, the first one seemed to help alot the tingling in my left foot and calf and some of the pain in m lower back and thigh were relieved. however the second one i had on wed...... felt different immediately with lots of pressure in the back of my thigh, but then normal for the next few hours about 8 hours after I felt like I was being stabbed with hot swards in the spine and my muscle got so tight and it hurt to move I thought i was going to pass out from the pain, I went back into the clinic and was told I was having a flare and that I needed 48 hours of bedrest and percocet and flexeril. well my 48 hours are up and it still feels like sharp stinging pain in my spine with i stand and like my tail bone is going to explode when i sit. I cannt take it I feel like i loosing it metally from the pain and no one believing me or understanding. any suggestions as to where to go or what to do from here. oh I am in a very isolated area and i have very strict insurance. so that limits me but i have began to pay for massage therapy weekely which honestly seems to help more than most things. The drugs just make me more moody and jittery and the percocet dosent stop the pain just akes me not care and hyper which leads to me doing things that make the pain even worse when the meds wear off....... please send any advise or suggestions........ thanks.
lindarmern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote