Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahO View Post
Dear Erin,

Where are you located? PM me and I can send you the name of the nearest Lyme doc! An EM rash is diagnostic of Lyme disease, it is the actual spirochetes moving through the skin. It cannot be caused by anything else. If someone HAS an EM rash, they HAVE Lyme disease.

It is really awful the way doctors think of lyme- they truly don't tend to know much about TBDs and think they do. I am sorry you didn't get treated for it. If you have symptoms at all, you can get way better with longterm abx therapy. We have had people leave wheelchairs, the longest was in 4 years pre-Lyme treatment (he was diagnsoed Juvie ALS).

Seriously, PM me where you live and I will go on lymenet.org to the Seeking Doctors column for you-!!! I was deathly ill & am symptom-free. It is nice to to be impaired.

Best wishes,
Sarah

p.s. Did you look at the maps? They amaze me!!!
I'm in Nebraska. There are no doctors here who are apparently Lyme knowledgable. (weird, you'd think a metropolitan area that's got a population of over a million people would have at least one doctor who knows something about Lyme)

I've seen an infectious disease doctor (who was a putz who could barely speak english. When I asked to talk to another doctor, he brought in another barely-speaking-English doctor who spoke even less english)

And, yes, I know...the ID doctors are all mostly un-informed about Lyme. (which would be why I think they're putz's)

Even tho my Western Blots have had several Lyme specific bacteria show up on them, they dont want to have anything to do with me. I dont have a very good opinion of a lot of doctors because they refuse to even help me investigate (except for my regular doctor, who at least humours me by letting his vampires draw my blood for blood tests)
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote