View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Ron:

I must say, I did like what you said about thinking in the present. We can't focus on the past, nor can we focus on the future (that brings fear). And thinking about the past (which we can't change), well there goes the regret stuff going on.

I only wish I could explain to my son how all his negativity is hurting him and our family. My son is the most negative person I have ever met in my life.

He only speaks in the minus column (so to speak), never the plus column.
He once told me "the difference between you and me mom, is that I see the glass as half empty and you see the glass as half full"

I said "is there anything you can do to change your perception of life, to find people that you can relate to??, to find some happiness in your world?" and he just said:'

"No, I want to do what I want to do, I don't want anyone controlling me, or telling me what I have to do, I'm not a team player". Other stuff also.

And he's only 26 and has no major physical ailments. I can only imagine, (if he keeps up with this way of thinking), that when he hits 40, and he has no friends, never made friends, continues to be alone, and god forbid he gets some ailment, that he'll have no positive way of dealing with life. That is what support systems are in place for. Support groups, therapy..etc. Whatever it takes!! I really believe this.

People who are continually negative (and who never let in the light), well they live in darkness. This has absolutely nothing to do with god, religion or anything.

I have my very bad pain days. I'm just happy when I don't get up crooked.

Like the other day, I got the results from my mammogram. All was normal. 20 years ago, when I got my first mammo, they found a tumor. So ever since then, well, you know what we women think, ... well, they found one, they'll probably find another one. I've had tumors in other parts of my body also.

But when I got those results the other day, I walked over to Alan and said "I love my breasts!!" Alan laughed and said "well, I love them too". I laughed and said 'no, you dont' understand, I got the results, they are normal".

He said 'wow, that's great".

I only wish the rest of my life could be so great, but since I can't control the future, I just live my life one day at a time, and keep out negative stuff.

That includes people, and things.

Not too happy a thing to have to distance oneself from one's own child, but hey, it's survival going on here.

So let's all get together and sing 'KUMBAYA!!!! LOL

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 01-18-2008 at 01:13 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote