Thread: Paula Abdul
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 03:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think mabie she has the intermittent type.. every time she's in a car acident.. or her plane wreck she gets it again.. happens with some.. expecialy if the first RSD is as a youth.. remission, reinjury, remission reinjury etc..

~~~~~~```

Here's a transcript from when Paula was on the Larry King show, it aired May 19, 2006:

KING: Pottstown, Pennsylvania. Hello.

CALLER: Hi, Paula. I have RSD, and I've read that you have or had RSD? Can you tell me where you are with it now? Or what is going on?

KING: What is it?

ABDUL: It's reflex sympathetic dystrophy, and it happens when you have trauma caused to your spinal cord. Mine being partly from the plane crash, being hit by -- you know, in a car accident. And you know, being a dancer, I'm sure that we're masochists.

KING: So how do you treat it?

ABDUL: There is no solid cure for RSD. And I'm really sorry that you have that, and I feel for you. It is one of the toughest things. A lot of people won't know -- a lot of grown men would never be able to deal with the kind of pain...

KING: Really?

ABDUL: It is so intense. But I have found a wonderful doctor who is an immunologist, works with (inaudible) medicine, and he has found -- and this is what I love about medicine -- you can find a cure for eczema or psoriasis, and it happens to be something that acts like Botox to the nerve pain, nerve damage. And by taking a drug called Enbrel, which is for eczema and psoriasis, it allows my nerves to not freely glom onto each other, and it's been an incredible relief.

~~~~~~```
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote