View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 05:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am going to discuss the MRI findings with the top ALS clinic at the University of Utah, where I live. Im sure he will let me know what I can expect from the MRI finding.

As far as my migraines go, I usually would get them 4-6 times a month. I have not had one for nearly 4-5 weeks. I think that is a clear indication that the headaches are actually getting better and that it has nothing to do with what might have been seen on MRI.

There are other possiblities that the radiologist and my neurologist mentioned. (and no this was not a "learning hospital"). I am more inclined to beleive it is more x-linked or a genetic abnormality with my myelin.

I beleive he is just ruling out the worst case in the beginning and going from there. He did not want to do any tests of any kind at this point which makes me beleive that if he truly thought this could be ALS, he would have done an EMG or gotten another MRI. Just the mention of it in my report and when he said it to me, well, freaked me out.

I will continue to seek further advise and opinions as well as read more information about it.

Lets try to be positive. Thank you all for your concern.
rebekah_wilson5479 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thelma (01-18-2008)