View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I hope you will

take a look at the Peripheral Neuropathy boards further down the list of forums. I hope you will take a look at the 'Stickies' at the top of the page. While the information there isn't organized, I will give you lots of insights into the processes of diagnosing PN pain in relation to many, many other neuro/pain issues.

Many who have varying types of neuropathies do experience the cramps, tightness and all as you describe. If you read in some of the PN postings, you will find out that vitamins and minerals can play a great role in providing relief.

I have ask you about how you had the onset of your problems. I'm no doc...but I myself DO connect my onset to a long bout of pneumonia a few months before my PN pain started. After many docs and lots of tests I was diagnosed with CIDP-sometimes referred to as Chronic Guillame Barre [tho it's not really-they're sort of cousins]. For me IVIG [very expensive-luv my insurance co!] helps immensely. I couldn't go the steroid routes.
I ask because GBS and CIDP often affect the autonomic systems in many varied ways...no one person is the 'same' as another in symptoms.GBS & CIDP are autoimmune issues, as it Hashimoto's thyroid and a quite a few other conditions.

Here Is the Nat. Institutes of Health definitions, etc of Stiff Man's..
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/s...tiffperson.htm

That should start you on your way...it does say it affects more women than men tho?
Also use the search feature on the top blue bar and key in a search for 'Muscle cramps'. You will find that more suffer from this all than you think. Do read around the various forums on the board - you jusstmight be surprised and gain extra insight into your own problems. I hope this all helps you... If I come up with some good sites...I'll post them here - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote