View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Brain exercises

CtenaLouise: Your post on brain exercises is very timely. I was diagnosed 3 and a half years ago and almost immediately incorporated brain exercises into my daily regimen. Some of them, as you have indicated, are quite simple. Having a conversation with someone can test your memory and your mental agility. Last December I attended a meeting in SAn Francisco in which many long time colleagues would also be present. Not only tested was my memory but my ability to hold up my end of the convesation. I watch Jeopardy religiously and find it a helpful brain exercise. Several weeks ago I took a cruise along the Northeast coast of the U.S. and Canada and was talked into playing a game of Scrabble. It was a disaster. It is difficult to win when the only words at your disposal are rat, cat, dog etc. But I recognized that it was a good exercise for my brain and I now play several games of Scrabble every night. I'm still losing but I'm getting closer to finally winning a game and many of my words are polysyllabic.

I try to memorize one new poem every week; a short one. Thank you for your post and your suggestions for mind games. I confess that I've passed over your posts in the past but will now pay greater attention to them.

All the best,

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote