View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 08:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Julie,

I suffered from what the docs originally diagnosed as occipital neuralgia and then shortly thereafter was diagnosed with cervicogenic headaches (coming from the neck) AND Variant Migraines. To make a long story short (this stuff went on every day for 3 years), a fusion of the C3/C4 took care of that since that level was the pain generator. I did, however, recently have facet injections at the C2/C3 in November. They are still working.

I am familiar with RF's though; had one done in my lumbar and it DID give me a year's worth of relief. I think I am heading for another one and I wouldn't hesitate one bit! However, I am unsure about the cervical spine and/or the higher levels. I do know of some people that had great relief...I just haven't had it done in the cervical spine.

One thing about all of it though...you are right. It is the worst pain I have ever had in my life! I try to tell people it was a 10 but they find that hard to believe. It seems no one can believe that the pain could be that bad. But trust me, it was! I asked my spinal PM once at what pain level are his patients when they come in with this problem. He told me that by the time they reach him for treatment, they are at a 9+! So, I wasn't too far off!

I hope the Neurontin helps and you can hang in there before you have the procedure. Good luck to you and I wish you well. This is very hard to deal with...I know.

Last edited by Kathi49; 01-18-2008 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote