View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahO View Post
Greta, I also have a problem brother- he is an argumentative lawyer brother! We avoid each other, he has to win every verbal exchange, even hello!

Erin, there is not a single LLMD in Nebraska, you are however in the territory of one of the best LLMDs there is- the estimable Dr. Charles Crist of Missouri!
I am terrrible at geography. I have no clue how far that is- Dr Charles Crist in Springfield, MO!! The very best in the Midwest. I have read his work. He is a smart, great doc. He is one of the Top Ten LLMDs.

Dr Crist- website!!!
http://www.drcharlescrist.com

Best wishes,
Sarah
Yeah, I already looked up Dr. C in MO. I dont have the money to travel down there and see him. I suppose I could probably email or snail mail him my MS records and the WB's that I had done for Lyme and see what he says.

If I am ever successful in proving that this is Lyme and not MS, I'm not so keen on taking antibiotics for months or years. I had a LOT of antibiotics last year for a bunch of UTI's, a MRSA infection, 2 cases of bronchitis, and then one round of oral prednisone for severe vertigo. After all of that, I ended up with a raging yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis that doesnt seem to want to leave me. (well, the BV isnt bugging me, but the raging YI keeps coming back...sorry guys, if that's TMI)

I also just found out that I'm sensitive to antibiotics like levaquin and cipro. Apparently those abx's have a tendency to cause tendon ruptures. My left ankle that I ruptured the achilles tendon to in 2001 (working at WalMart, squatted down to pick up some trash and my tendon went POP! Customers 2 aisles away heard it) and my left shoulder that I've get chronic tendonitis in at least twice a year is killing me.

If this did turn out to be Lyme, I would hope they've got some abx's that dont make you susceptible to yeast infections and hopefully they wont make my tendons all rupture.

I would so much rather be back to the mostly healthy that I was before all this stuff started.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote