View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kate, just going back and reading all the posts is an eye opener. It has been my salvation from my PCS distress. This forum keeps my sanity..just knowing and seeing posts of others, that do the same as myself, is so helpful.
I am in my 10th month and at age 65 see no end to it. Can see the personality changes and of course the cognitive changes. UGH! No fun and so alone in this. Family and friends do not understand. Even a best friend will say..oh I know just how you feel I forget too! NO WAY, PCS is not just a forgetful problem, it is life changing.
I blacked out, totaled the car (did not hurt anyone) did not get hurt myself, well not anything you could see. Just black and blue from the seat bealt a little. In the hospital I was listed as having brain damage by one doc and other said I was normal. LOL My daughter says she kept telling them something was wrong with me. Kept saying this NOT my Mom. I can not remember much about the day except in little spurts. The only thing that happened was basically, I was so shaken up from head going back and forth it is kinda like shaken baby syndrome, only this baby is 65! I blacked out came to and was so mixed up and confused...live with confussion daily now.
Some days I want to scream, others I want to go live in Heaven with my Dad & Mom. I wouldn't do anything to get there, just a sweet thought of being out of this, and all the pain I suffer from other problems. Would love to be able to, one time go find something, or finish a task I started, without forgetting just exactly what I was doing in the first place. Ha, no fun! Handle our finances and that is a trip. Good thing most of it is automatic...cause I don't function too well anymore.
At my age I have "old age" against me. You don't heal from PCS as well as a much younger person would. That is OK, I've had a good life...now if I can just keep reminding myself of that..when I get to crying or anxious(sorry not sure of word spell?) maybe I would feel better about it. Ya know, it could have been a lot worse. I could have killed someone or even myself when I wrecked. Also could have Althzimmers(sorry that word gone too?).
I do know that when I get tired or am having a pain flare, it is even harder to concentrate. I have lots of emotional outburts and was not like this before the wreck. Do not laugh easily anymore and life is not as much fun, nor pleasant. I am trying to change this and change my thinking, to having a half full cup, instead of a half empty one. Got to do something quick..poor husband suffers from all my issues.
Hope you can find the right pathway to help your client.
froglady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote