Thread: Plasma TV
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 02:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sure is a good thing that I don't hold my breath while waiting to see if something works right. Turned off TV so a friend could also hear the delay in when the TV actually shuts down (as opposed to when the button is depressed to turn it off) and... what happens?

TV still does not work as it should. Only one channel will display. This is not progress .

Batteries were replaced in the RCs so those components cannot possibly be faulted.

The Dish people have been super helpful so I don't really want to wax nasty on them; they have promised a new receiver will arrive this week. Until then, they suggested that I bring down the receiver from upstairs. Uhmmm, someone have a Bruno lift I can use??? I ain't got no $5K - $8K to scooter on upstairs.

I'll try to enlist a friend to trek up and get that receiver.

Geeze, what a total pain.

Now, I am finally, and sadly feeling how an elderly friend felt when she spent a week at my house (caring for my doggie); she could not figure out the old TV set-up (57" HD Sony) and spent days watching NASCAR. She ain't no dumb bunny; neither am I. But... this sure is frustrating the heck out of me.

I still suspect, there is something faulty within the TV itself. I've never had one that has a delay (when a TV is turned off and when I can hear it actually shut down; it's not on VISTA for goodness sake ).

My brain says, return it now. But others are saying I should wait. I will but no more than another week. By then, if the kinks aren't worked out, I don't know that they will be (permanently). When I turn off the TV, I don't want to battle for it to come back on and with more than one channel.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote