Thread: Tasks for a SD.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 02:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Lindecker01,

You said to use pumpkin for the runs, but how much do you give a 5 1/2# Chihuahua? can't be much more than a taste. We raised the pups to never eat table food, they get a good brand of dry puppy food and semi-moist treats and all the rawhide they want.

My female never gets the runs, but her brother does about every two months...it lasts 2-3 days and then he's fine but it doesn't affect his appetite. He has bad separation anxiety sometimes and will vomit if he knows I am leaving without him, or if he thinks I am going without him....weird pup. They are 16 1/2 months old and well into their service training as hearing assist dogs.

Out in public they are all business. If we have company, I put their harnesses on and buckle the chest strap, but I don't tighten the rest....the harness means time to settle down and behave....they will either stand in front of everyone and look like angels, or they will go to their cushion and lay down.

Bearbear started alerting me at 10 1/2 weeks to people coming up behind me.
He pokes his nose into my arm and looks over my shoulder. They both go shopping with us and are just as mellow as can be...and after calling the health dept. we take them to the local restaurants, and its okay for them to sit in the booth with us, since we can't see what they are signaling if they are under the table. The health dept. said all that has to be done, is when we leave for the waitress to use a rag with some bleach water and wipe off where they were sitting. There is one place that is really cool about the pups when we take them....they have tables with 4 chairs and the pups get their own chair, and they patiently wait through us ordering and eating...they have never tried to get on the table, we've taught them not to beg...when we get ready to leave, I give them a treat and they are ready to get back in the van.

Ever alert to our needs, they nap nearby at a craft sale, they are with us every place we go....

CrystalSword is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote