Thread: Plasma TV
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 03:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm thinking as you are: Go test how the display "models" sound when shutting off. I didn't buy the TV; I was way too ill to go anywhere (when my ol' Sony "died"). A friend brought the TV and a media stand and helped set up the TV; the stand is still in limbo in my garage.

I can actually live without TV (except the "noise" it creates does overpower sounds of the house settling, etc. ), which is why I wasn't about to buy a new one. (I use it for a nightlight and sound muted.)

No matter, though: I still wanting it to work as ideally as allegedly designed to function. If it can't, it goes back.

I'm like you: I don't need a bunch of confusing remotes and stuff to make me happy. The best TV I have? A tiny Magnavox with rabbit ears and it's not connected to the dish or to cable; it's ancient but works like a charm. It gets three stations, and... good enough for me. Prob. is: the stuff that will all change by 2009 or something like that... and having guests who just gotta have TV. (Gawd forbid they visit and have to actually converse - or, as some say these days, conversate.)

I think I'm mourning: the loss of when we could just buy a set and plug-n-play. It's like now, everything has to be so darn'd complicated and that's progress? Hmmm .

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (01-20-2008)