View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Sandel,

It's too bad that they have to come out with articles like this to beat down what years of trying to get a disease acknowledged has done.

I have a friend that was diagnosed with Fibro back in the 70's before most people had even heard of it. I don't think it's that new of a disease, some of the Drs. just won't acknowledge it.

My PCP had doubts at first on it but when I got diagnosed he jumped on the banwagon and started trying to calm it with PT, triggerpoint injections and meds.

My thing is what right does a Dr. have to at least not treat a person for it wheather they believe in it or not. If you have been diagnosed with a disease and it is acknowledged by the Medical Associations then the Dr. should have to acknowledge it.

Heather, I think it's horrible that you are leaving Vegas to get better help. I will say though, I do believe you. Bill and I moved back to Ky. for awhile in 95 and we actually moved back to Co. to be around our Dr. We had found one Dr. there that would take care of us, me with no insurance and Bill with Medicare, but he had a heart attack not long after we started going to him. Then we looked and looked and no one would take care of me. I would have died if I had stayed there. I did finally find the University of Ky. hospital but they turned out to be a joke. I donot like learning hospitals. My Dr. told me himself that I was being used for a guinnea pig in those places. I don't want them to learn on me. I want them to take what they have already learned in school and in practice and take care of my medical issues. Co. has the best medical care for people with no income nor insurance then most places I have heard of. When people don't have insurance and need help then that is what we need.

As far as the Lyrica, I couldn't do it due to the side effects. I do question the thing about the weight gain though. I actually only took 2 and gained 7 lbs. Now I am working at getting it off. For a lot of people weight gain is a death wish when they have other medical issues. If it helps people then they have to weigh the pros and cons.

If these Drs. really believe that there is no such thing as Fibro, and are dedicated to trying to get other people to believe it then it is going to undo everything that has been done for it, what little that is. I think it's one of the least researched medical issue right now due to the nonbelief in it.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (01-19-2008)