View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused RSD in the face and the dentist?

I have RSD in my face and mouth i did see your posting Kyzyl363... I was wondering what should i do about the dentist... I have 3 cavties this i know but what about getting them fixed i can barley handle my bfs breath on my skin on the right side of my face... and recently developed muscle spasms in my throat... Its hard to explain... But it hurts horriblely.... I am also afarid if i dont get them fixed they will become impacted and then have to sit through that.. I just dont know what to do... I am terrifed of the dentist in the first place and then just thinking about them opening your mouth for hours while they fix them i just can imagine it and i dont know if the dentist will understand what RSD is and how f 'ing bad it hurts.... no one ever understands...

Kyzyl363~ As far as the RSD in my face... It speard there rather quickly one day it was just neck arm and now its on the right side of my face under neath my eye.... Sometimes my eyelid swells up LOL and i look crazy... One eyed sea monster.... What i have been trying for the swelling i have is benedryl... Sounds crazy i know and makes you sleepy but it has helped tremendously (sp)..... RSD in the face really is the worse of it for me... my bf cant kiss me any more ... I can barley eat... I have to let things that are hot sit for 15 mins and things that are cold sit for 30 mins... It SUCKS! Thats all there is to say about it...

I was wondering does anyone have TMJ along with TOS and RSD??? The doc seems to think i have now developed that.... Great right... I just have jaw pain and it will pop and stick alot.... if anyone has some info and their experince on TMJ will you please let me know....

Thanks for listening to me rant a bit... sorry i havent been around i decied to stop taking meds... about month ago that WAS DUMB OF ME... Back on them and feeling much better....

HUgs and pain free days ahead!

Love J