Thread: b12 questions
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 11:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Phantom images

That's the name used to discribe seeing critters in peripheral vision. Two years ago I complained of this to a different eye doc-he said it's what people get from taking LSD (I left his office in tears of frustration!)

I don't take meds for the myoclonus, I was perscribed Klonopin by several docs but never took it, it's apparently addictive. I was on Zoloft @ the time the jerking began. Stopped that cold turkey cause I was suicidal. I started taking the B12 & other B's,magnesium & zinc, and most important I stopped consuming 5-6 diet sodas per day & drinking Atkin's shakes.

I take alot of stuff:

Cat's claw
Sarsaprilla
Multi-enzyme
Chorella
Q10
Grapeseed extract
Selenium
Garlic
B1,2,6,12 & folic acid

Only RX I take is for high blood pressure & I've recently cut that down by 2/3 by going on a low sodium diet. I've taken Soma for my back for many years but only use 1/2 dose & only when my sciatica is really bad.

If I could only have one pill per day, it would be the B12 Methylcobalamin,it's very cheap,about $8 for 60 tablets. Everytime I get slack on taking it my depression comes back,energy goes out the door & I notice brain function loss again.

My PCP actually told me years ago to stop taking B vits cause my B12 level was too high (900). That's how much they teach in med school about vits I suppose! At the time I was jerking so bad right in front of her that she was scared! And had to hang onto the walls to get to the exam room! She prescribed (or tried to-I said NO), Premarin,guess that's the answer for all middle aged women with "mystery" symptoms!

Without the internet I'd never have figured out what's wrong with me!

Here's a list of symptoms I've had over the past 8 years:

Myoclonus
Migraines
Dizziness & vertigo
Creepy/crawly feeling in legs (felt like water running down my leg or bugs crawling)
Numbness in face,hands
Vision problems
Angina attacks (went to ER) scary!!
Heart mummur (sp)
Arthritis in knees,fingers,thumbs
Pelvic pain
Total loss of libido
Rashes
Red spots under breasts & on belly
Personality changes
Severe depression
Extreme fatique
Foot drop
Pain in bottom of feet/heels
Anxiety attacks
Rage attacks
Mental confusion/brain fog
Weight gain (30# & still going up)
Type 2 diabetes
Loss of emotional feelings
Edema

Probably even more I just don't recall right now.

As I've mentioned before-almost every one of these symptoms comes & goes! The angina attacks were @ 3am & I had them for 3 nights in a row (took nitro pills after the ER visit). Vertigo only lasted a few days. Rages came on for no reason & were out of context to anything going on @ the time.Have never had a weight problem in my life (I'm now 57). There have been times when I had to use a walker.

ALL of the above began after a spider bite ( I killed the spider-there's no doubt what bit me,woke me up in middle of night). I thought it was perhaps a brown recluse,the bite remained visable on my foot for over a year. If I'd been fortunate enough to get anti-biotics @ the time of the bite I might not have gone through 8 years of health decline. Before the bite I was very active,energy was always high,never had any brain "issues",had a normal sex life,was outgoing,friendly,had great sense of humor.....all that has gone. The worse part for me is to not "be me" anymore. The pain (which I forgot to list),hits anywhere @ anytime,arms,legs,neck,top of head,back,feet-it can feel like someone is sticking me with an ice pick,usually only lasts for seconds,it can literally bring me to my knees (another reason I don't drive).

I'm telling all this because it just might ring a bell with someone else. I've learned NOT to discuss my health issues with anyone because it all sounds too bizarre unless you have lived it also. There is no cure for Lyme when it's not treated promptly & aggressively. And for those who think I'm wacko because Lyme is ONLY from ticks.....ticks are in the same family as spiders,just smaller! It is now suspected that fleas,some flies,mosquitoes-basically any critter that bites can carry/infect with Lyme & several different co-infections. There are NO 100% accurate tests. A negative test means nothing,it's diagnosed by symptoms. Some research indicates it's passed sexually,through breast milk, and the placenta.

Sorry, this is not the Lyme forum but I feel it's my duty to educate people about this horrendous disease-it might save a life!
Buttons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote