Thread: local horror
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default so much trauma

I'm sorry this senseless act happened, and to such a peaceful community of loving. God-fearing people.

Others have said it all so well here, I won't repeat it.

Allen, you took the words right out of my mouth. It goes to show we could all pray for the world in general EVERY day.

I was quite impressed when I heard one Amish gentleman say that the community was not going to dwell on what happened, but move forward, which is what The Word tells us to do -- press on for the prize. I too am looking forward to that some day.

I feel the same about having my grandchildren in school, but we can't live in fear. We now come to know it can happen anywhere.
I will mourn with you all for awhile and then move on. I just wish I could think of something I personally could do to help prevent these sorts of things.

Since not everyone learns it at home, maybe they need a class in school (what do you call it when the school all gets together for a meeting?) or a regularly scheduled meeting
in the school for ALL kids about the importance of being nice,
not bullying & teasing others & what it could lead to.

Even butterfly on the old forum went thru that.
Have a way to confidentially report when they see it happening, because it is now and always has been a problem.
Like the ACLU would allow that !!

Who ever thought it would come to security guards or police guarding our schools??

Peace to all,
Pat
HopeLivesHere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote