View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 01:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Steve and all

It is COLDdown South! Now, to you guys in the upper Midwest, Norway, and other regions nearer the poles, 22 F in mid-January may seem to be a warm spell, but here it is pretty unusual. If I were to tell you that temperature is predicted to be reached for only an hour or two this morning just prior to sunrise. What we canlook forward to is that it will be sunny and about 50 F by 3:00 this afternoon. There was actually a little frozen precipitation Friday, but no accumulations.

I saw my neuro Friday morning and he continues to be delighted with my lack of progression. I suggested to him that I might be slightly undermedicated and suggested adding another sinemet CR each day. He recommended that I not, since he feels that the question of toxicity of any excess dopamine generation has not yet been settled, and he subscribes to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

Steve, it was great to hear about the progress on settling your mother's estate. One more stressor out of the way! Also, I am most gratified to learn that you are doing so well physically.

When I saw the neuro, a physician's assistant trainee was observing, and the doctor described my use of DM as "Dr. Smith's own neuroprotection trial". Of course I felt compelled to describe the whole LDN-DM anti-inlammatory story to her. That appointment turned into one of the longest I've had with this doctor because of my long-windedness, and possibly because the PA trainee was young, female and easy to look at. Enough of this!

Hope everyone has a great week.

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote