Thread: Plasma TV
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 02:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It just goes on and on...

The TV seems to be the culprit, not any dish receiver or RC. The TV only works for a short time with the dish before it "freezes" or locks - except the volume does work.

Philips is supposed to call tomorrow. Where the TV was purchased: Gonna call back again Monday evening.

There is a lag in response between the TV and remotes (no matter which is tried after programming to the set). But: It only works for a short time.

If the manufacturer says that the TV needs some tweaking or repair, I say: Take it back; I don't want it. It's brand new and should work without needing repairs at this point.

I am getting conflicting info. on top of everything: Some say it's plasma; others are saying LCD. At this point it's like dealing with Kaiser PPO as far as I'm concerned; it gives me all the info. for the HMO but says I'm with PPO. Confused? I know I am . (Some of the data accompanying the TV says one thing and other info. states differently. How about they just supply what applies? That'd work beautifully for me! )

So far, I do know: This TV is not working. It's set on one station and that's where it will remain. I can't shut it off, only mute it, or it won't work at all again without re-seating everything once again (which is totally so old and ain't gonna happen again).

Whatever happened to guests just wanting to read or something? Hmmm. I am totally ready to abandon the idea of having this TV. Don't want it, don't need it, can live without it.

It is such a fiasco that all I can do is laugh about it right now. While talking with the Philips person, who (in turn) contacted someone else who is calling tomorrow, the land-line just died. I said: "Maybe I was sitting too close to the TV" when she called back.

I really do appreciate my friends trying to help, but... what I don't want is a major headache just trying to get something to work smoothly.

I've never encountered so many probs. in just seeing a TV work. I still suspect the set itself has an inherent flaw; that delay or lag in when it is turned off and when it actually shuts down says to me, something is wrong. But... what do I know: Computers, not TVs .

Thanks for reading/lending your eyes (or ears if using text reader) to this diatribe. I'm sure it's as much fun to read as it is to live through and the sum: None. Sucks. But I will find the humor in this.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote