View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow

Well, I don't know if you're male or female

But, I've had laparoscopic surgery three times -- first time, looking for and not finding endometriosis, second time looking for and finding endometriosis (four hour laser surgery), and third time gall bladder removal.

In the two endometriosis surgeries, my waist was horrendously sore -- make sure you wear elastic waist pants if they are going through the belly button. I was extremely sore and uncomfortable. They move you around a lot on the table which makes your entire abdomen hurt. I tried to ride a bus about four days after the second surgery -- painful, because of all the bumpy roads around here.

After the gall bladder surgery, I was in rehab for 5 days and then home from work for two weeks. This was a 'real surgery' because there was cutting involved. Very hard to get up and down out of bed. Very hard to turn over.

Even from the first laparoscopic surgery where they just looked around for endometriosis, it's an assault on your system. Don't expect to go back to your normal routine immediately.

Make sure all your laundry is done and your bed is changed. And make sure you've got groceries. You're not going to be capable of doing that for a couple of weeks.

Good luck. I hope that they don't find anything wrong -- even though that means 'no diagnosis' again. Hugs.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote