View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 04:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fibro is a pain!

I have been on estrogen for three months and my pain is the same. I have had endo in the past and had an hysterectomy for it. The endo was excruciating. The fibro is worse than that was, though. The pain is constant and sometimes debilitating. I have been on many meds, including celebrex and mobic. I am on Lyrica now and am waiting for it to "kick in" if that's what it needs to do! The only thing that relieves it is hot baths or heating pad alternating with cold packs, depending on what feels best, and lots of stretching. When I can, I walk, and I go to an aquatic class specifically for fibro patients at our hospital. The water is usually 93 degrees, and that gives me immense relief for a day or so. Of course, if I were more consistent with going, it would be more helpful, I'm sure.

Another condition that I am positive was triggered by the fibro is bipolar disorder/anxiety disorder. Watch out for that! Once depression takes hold, everything gets worse! I was undiagnosed for 35 years, and I finally had a nervous breakdown. I was diagnosed with fibro about 5 years later; I finally found a doctor who "believed" in fibro. In fact, he suffered from it himself. I began a course of trigger point injections, and they were and are really the only thing that gives me relief for any extended period of time. I am searching now for a pain management center that specializes in fibro because I have moved from Florida to Illinois.

God bless you!
ppinkow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote