View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Monica,

I can't really help you with your questions. I do have RLS but have no idea if your doctor has misdiagnosed you. Have you thought of gaining a 2nd opinion at all from another doctor?

You probably have seen The Restless Leg Syndrome Foundation website. It's very good. I'll post it again in case there is something helpful there for you.

http://www.rls.org

On the main page of the site above there are a couple of clickable links to >> The RLS Fact Sheet or the more detailed Living with RLS.

http://www.rls.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page...=477&srcid=471

There has been more and more research in recent times into the effect of ferritin storage problems and its relationship for some people to a number of conditions including RLS, ADHD and Tic Disorders.

It's certainly something worth persuing with your doctor however there are numerous other conditions and even medications that might affect our bodies and give us symptoms such as restless legs. I think that it's really important to talk with your doctor who has your whole medical history. I personally don't think anyone should just start taking a lot of iron supplementation plus there are conditions where that is totally contraindicated.

Meanwhile keep a sleep diary and try some of the tips to see if they help. Some people get some relief from removing things like caffeine from the diet or going for a walk before going to bed. I find salt is a big problem for me e.g.. Please do talk with your doctor again about all this. You may be on the right track totally, but with a complex medical history and treatments such as you've described for the PN, please do err on the side of caution for the moment.

hope you get your answers.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Monica de Lara (01-26-2008)